Author(s): Kenneth Okona-Mensah
In 13 illustrated chapters, Cracking Anatomy makes sense of all the body's systems, explains medical terminology and explores questions including:
· How does your brain really see you?
· How does age affect your muscles and bones?
· How and why cells die?
· Why the shape of a criminal's hands could be used to help identify them?
· Can you exercise too much?
· Which of the five senses is most important?
· What triggers puberty?
· Why your immune system has more than one line of defence?
· Why anatomical quirks are more important than you think?
· How long does it take for your body to digest food?
· How many times does your heart beat in a day?
· Why do we sleep?