Author(s): Jadah Sellner; Jen Hansard
Real Food Makes a Real Difference
As a bestselling author and co-founder of the widely popular website Simple Green Smoothies, Jen knows the impact food can have on your body, your health and your dreams. Before switching to a plant-powered diet, Jen Hansard felt exhausted, stressed-out and frustrated with her body. After a wake-up call from her husband, she set off on a mission to put foods in her body that would allow her to go after the things that mattered most. Embracing nutrient-dense, nourishing whole foods gave her the vitality to do more than just survive each day - she was able to live out dreams that had been long buried. From creating a backyard family farm, to flying an airplane, to running 100km in a single day, to camping and hiking the U.S. National Parks. Through her journey came her mission: to help others "fuel their passion" by embracing delicious plant-powered meals to help them look and feel their best.
Now in Simple Green Meals, she branches out to offer quick, tasty, vegetarian meals for the whole family (even meat-eating husbands). No more restricting calories or fad diet programs. Her philosophy is simple: Eat more plants... however and whenever you can. With tips on meal prep, advice when shopping and 100+ new vegetarian recipes from quinoa corn muffins to veggie enchilada stacks and cauliflower buffalo wings, you'll gain a new appreciation for fresh, plant-powered meals and what they can do for your body and your mind.
- Breakfast: Maple Apple Walnut Muffins, Tex Mex Breakfast Bowl, Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Snacks: Slow Cooker Apple Sauce, Maple Almond Granola Bars, Honey Nut Trail Mix
- Salads, Soups and Sides: Coconut Thai Soup, Summer Quinoa Salad, Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Main Dishes: Garden Burgers, Almond Butter Swoodles, Poblano Enchiladas, Savory Quinoa Pizza, Cauliflower BBQ Tacos
- Desserts: Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, Mango Mojito Fruit Pops, Salted Caramel Bites, Honey Ginger Cookies