Basic Blockchain - An Introduction to Blockchain and How It Will Change the Way We Work and Live
Author(s): David Shrier
'Makes it easy for the average business executive to understand blockchain' -- Chris Larsen, founder and chairman, Ripple
'An essential tool for those looking to distinguish information from noise' -- Eva Kaili, MEP and Chair of The Committee for the Future of Science and Technology
A revolution is under way across the globe, yet very few people understand it. Basic Blockchain will explain everything you need to know to understand the technology that will soon disrupt and revolutionise everything from financial and health services to the property market and how we vote.
Born of an obscure body of research on game theory developed by NASA, originally championed by drug dealers seeking to launder ill-gotten gains, accelerated by entrepreneurs seeking to improve financial access for the poor, funded by giant corporate interests attracted to the potential for billions of dollars of cost savings, blockchain heralds a new era of financial inclusion, legal inclusion for the dispossessed and lower prices for consumers. In short, it will enact radical change on our lives.
In this book, David L. Shrier, one of MIT and Oxford University's leading futurists, explains for the general reader:
- The history of blockchain, its apocryphal progenitor Satoshi Nakamoto and the socioeconomic context of its origins in the 2008 financial crisis.
- How blockchain works, including the core technologies that drive it such as cryptographic hashes and network theory, all described in simple, understandable terms.
- The potential of blockchain, including its impact on our jobs, industry and society as a whole.
Blockchain is the new internet, and it will disrupt and transform the economy and society in the same way. Most people don't understand it (yet), but this accessible book, written by a global authority on blockchain, is the essential introduction to the next technological revolution.
- : 9781472144836
- : Little, Brown Book Group Limited
- : Robinson
- : 0.3
- : January 2020
- : --- length: - '21.6' width: - '13.5' units: - Centimeters
- : books
- : David Shrier
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 005.824
- : 224